Thursday, June 09, 2011

Stretching

Hi,
As much as I enjoy challenges, sometimes the very nature of the task seems formidable to me. Right now I am referring to Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday # 18, using Tissue Paper Texture.  I think I have a clean and simple style, so when a technique is presented that is shabby, vintage, ornate, or anything but clean, I think, can I REALLY do this?  And should I post it?  It's not me. But something is always gained in stretching beyond one's creative comfort zone.  Dontcha  think?
Cheers,
Val

Materials:
Stamps: PTI Masculine Motifs
Paper: PTI C/S White, Kraft
Ink:  Ranger Distress Walnut, Studio G Turquoise, SU Not Quite Navy
Other: Clear Glue, White Tissue Paper

4 comments:

  1. You did a super job and yes I agree...it was out of my comfort zone too, but I enjoy putting myself to the test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just beautiful. Glad you went out of your zone and posted it. I think the tissue looks so good on leaves I am going to have to give it a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You nailed it . It's a perfect fathers day card and it has a great nature theme to it , I absolute love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the nature feel to the card!

    ReplyDelete