Monday, June 27, 2011

A Friend in the Round

Hi,
The following card is for the challenge class posted above.  I found it a bit troublesome using so many colors, but I purposely made myself complete the card without spending too much time rifling through my papers.  Many things I experience with cardmaking: the joy of creating, the awe of finding a color combination that suits a particular stamp, the ability to convey a feeling through a card, etc, but I rarely experience speed.  Any card made in less than one hour always record breaking for me. Will this change over  time?  Or should I resign myself to being so SLOW?  Regardless, this was a lot of fun and I see a lot of great cards being made with colors that I would have never put together!
Cheers,
Val


Materials:
C/S: PTI White, Raspberry Fizz, Unknown Purple
Stamps: Studio G, Unity Grainy Background
Ink: Color Box Frost White, Berrylicious, SU Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue
Other; Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles, Scalloped Circles


5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is really pretty. Love the circle and the woodgrain looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello val
    just find your blog via the summer camp ;love your creative cards ... I am also a nurse... working in france and waiting for my visa to move to Québec ...Canada seems to be a great place for my paper addiction!! see you later on the camp.
    yvette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scallop card! I am a slow crafter as well .. more so when the colors are not ones that I would normally put together myself. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully made! Looks store bought .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the circle card idea! love the simple stamps they just look great in these colors. very pretty

    ReplyDelete