Friday, January 18, 2013

Make It Monday #100

Hi,
I must say that I found this to be a most fun challenge, packaging cards with oversized embellishments.  Dawn's video was very inspirational.  You can view and link up to the Papertrey Ink weekly challenge HERE.  For my  card, I used a Scorpal to score the front card panel, stamped and die cut In Bloom elements and adhered them to the panel, and attached all to a kraft card base. The sentiment strip was lightly stamped with a grid pattern, with the sentiment  placed over top, and then affixed to a kraft outline panel and adhered to the card. The outer card edges were then inked with white ink. For the card package, I cut a piece of striped vellum and border punched the upper edge, and cut a slightly larger piece of plain brown parcel paper and border punched its upper edge as well. Placing the 2 pieces together,  I  stitched around all but one side, leaving the top open. Finally, some stamped die cuts and a couple of twine bows were added.

         
A few weeks ago I broke a couple of bones in my foot and several people were so helpful to me, picking up groceries, shovelling snow from my walkway, and driving me to social events among many other things.  I plan to give this card to one of those kind friends on the weekend.
Cheers,
Val


Materials:
Paper:  PTI C/S Rustic White, Kraft, Spring Moss, Unknown Striped Vellum
Stamps:  PTI In Bloom, Year of Flowers:Violets, Hero Arts Grid Pattern
Ink:  Colorbox Frost White,  Ranger Walnut Stain, Versamark
Other:  Stampendous White Embossing Powder, Unknown Twine, Sewing Machine, Thread, MS Edge Punch  


5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the top of the envelope. What a great idea to use velum and the paper together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is beautiful and I LOVED the idea of vellum and paper to make your bag. Out of the box thinking and very creative! :0) Hope your foot heals quickly too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty card and clever idea for matching packaging. Glad you had friends to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pkg is so pretty!! The vellum envelope with the punched trim is a great idea. I would love to be the receiver of this pretty packaged card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your packaging is so pretty, love that bloom!

    ReplyDelete